Monday, January 10, 2011

What about Heaven?

I am thankful for the Little Blessing books about God because they bring meaningful questions to little minds!

Tonight, Carter and I were about to read "What about Heaven?" He often says he wants to go to heaven and we talk about how wonderful it will be. Well, tonight he said, "Mama, I want to go to heaven. When am I going to go? when I am 20? when I am 4?" So how do you answer that to a 3 year old. For the first time I explained that we get to go to heaven when we die. I mentioned that Dado was in heaven with Jesus and the Daddy's Mama was there too. He asked, "Stephen's"...I guess he was making sure I was talking about his Daddy. I said, "yes" and he said, "oh" with a concerned look. Then he asked, "like Jesus died?" ... I said yes, but that Jesus came back to earth alive and we wont...we'll go to heaven. I continued with excitement that they were with God and Jesus and that we don't know when we will die, but when we do we get to go be with all of them.

I love listening to his questions as he tries his very best to understand such deep matters. And I love seeing how he believes... Carter so helps me understand the words of Jesus about we should all have faith like little children. Thank you Lord for teaching us about heaven and about the faith that you wish for all of us to have!

No comments: