Colten - RSV and still have an ear infection since the busted ear drum. The ear drum is healed but the infection is no behind it. On second round of antibiotic also on nasonex. If still infected in 2 week we will go to ENT to talk about tubes. So last night he had: Albutrol, antibiotic, ear drops, nazonex, hydrocortizone on exema spots, diaper cream, vaseline for exema inbetween toes. A bit ridiculous. He woke a few times and we breathing horribly with high fever...so add to that list ibuprofen. Albutrol seemed to help.
Carter - usually Carter is the quite one of the two but this week he showed Colten up in the scaring and worrying mommy competition! He and I went to visit Mr. Jason and had our teeth cleaned on Tuesday. Carter loved getting his teeth cleaned and did great! He had two loose teeth and Jason said one was ready to be pulled. After discussing it with me, he ask Carter if he could pulled it. Made it fun and not scary and Carter agreed. It hurt Carter some, but he did really good and was excited to see the whole in his mouth. He didn't see any blood at all. We were saying bye to Mr. Jason and Carter falls down...Jason caught him. Carter was out and them started jerking, arching his back and stiffening all with his eyes open but unconscious. It only last less than 5 seconds but it was horrible!! He woke up and was ok a bit confused and really tired. We laid for a few minutes then I carried him to the car. We went to the ER for EKG and blood pressure testing all came back fine and were to follow up with PCP to schedule an EEG. I wish so bad they had done the EEG then. I didn't know that it was important to do it within 24hrs. Stephen and I are debating about doing the EEG, it is being scheduled, but we don't think we would put him on medicine until he had another one anyway.... many times people just have one and never have it again and both doctors diagnosis it as syncope...not a seizure. I just don't know why my kids have to have the seizure activity when they pass out!! So I am not convinced that is all it was. With Stephen having childhood seizures and mom's having epilepsy...seems a bit too much to easily rule it out.
Makes me realize how thankful I should be for relatively healthy children. Oh how it could be....cant think about that!!
No comments:
Post a Comment