We had such a good summer. The boys and I went to the pool many a days and we had fun being together. I enjoyed the last half of the summer only teaching one online course. So I got to focus on them with less distractions. levy Christian Kindergarten has been an answer to many of my prayers. I have begged God to help us with school decision for Carter and for him to lead us. We have confidence that Carter is exactly where he should be. The mornings are easy and non-stressful and most importantly tear-free. We think this will be a good transition year before going to school all day everyday next year. Thank you dear God for caring about this little 5 year old and showing us your good plans for him.
Colten is a sheer joy to be around...he is into everything...but he is getting really close to that age where you don't have to police him all the time. He is starting to understand some limits. Two year old fits have been going on for quite some time and they are intense...and loud...but I think i would take those over Carter's fits....
We are still doing the sticker chart for Carter. He gets stickers for good manners...saying please, thank you, yes/no sir/mam, for taking his plate to the sink, cleaning up after himself and etc. He has to get 50 stickers and then he gets to go to the yogurt place! Before we started this Carter was begging to go to the yogurt place several times A DAY and he was throwing several fits a day. I am so thankful God showed me this idea. I know that it probably will not work for Colten or many other kids...but for Carter it is perfect!! He has stopped through his fits and stopped begging for yogurt and he tries really hard to earn these stickers. He is doing so good...I have been really proud of him.
Colten seems to be feeling good these days. He hasn't been sick any this summer...well we just had our first ear infection since April...so that is really good!
Stephen has been doing a men's spiritual formation group at church for the last year and I started one this summer. Right now, I am reading 1000 gifts...Thanksgiving is transforming me....I hope to learn more from the Lord through this book and teach my children how we do not deserve anything we have...it is not our right to have anything...but everything is directly from the Lord...His grace...it is ALL his grace...even the ugly beautiful...that is the hard part...that I am still searching, seeking to really understand. His grace is sufficient...for it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment