Sunday, August 10, 2014

November 23rd - Our Mama Joy

Letter I wrote to my OB nurse after deliver Julie Ann.

My Mama Joy, my grandma, was diagnosed with leukemia a few years ago.  We always had been told it wasn’t the cancer that would kill her…that it wasn’t aggressive and she would have many more years with us.  She went to the hospital the week of my due date, I couldn’t go visit her because they were not sure what she had and no one wanted me to catch anything.  I called my Papa the Friday before I was scheduled to be induced.  He sounded heartbroken and I realized just how serious it was.  On Saturday morning at 4am, my due date, my Mama Joy went to be with our sweet Jesus.  Her suffering was over and we did rejoice that her intense pain of the last few days was over. However, it was a great shock, no one really knew just how sick she was.  We had her funeral Tuesday.  As one can imagine it was a full day starting at 9am and getting home around 7pm.  That night before we made it home, I just broke as I didn’t want to bury my grandma and the give birth to my precious baby girl the very next day.  I didn’t want to do it.  I had no hope, no trust that Wednesday, my daughter’s birthday, would be an ok day…I just knew it would be an aweful day with no Joy…how would it be possible to celebrate life after just losing such an important person in my life? But 4am rolled around and Stephen and I got up to be at the hospital at 5:30am.  We waited in the waiting room until 7am…we thought great…just a slow start to a very hard day.
This is what I have written in my journal on Thanksgiving day, the day after I delivered my beautiful baby girl.
“Yesterday was a perfect day – a beautiful, treasured gift from God. The perfect nurse, wanted anesthesiologist, amazing mom and sister, wonderful friends – Meagan and Morgan and a perfect, loving, sweet husband, then a perfect beautiful baby girl entered our lives! I rested peacefully till about noon, then all my family and friends got there and I delivered Julie Ann (pretty easily and pain free) at 1:43pm.  My Papa came to visit when Julie Ann was one hour old and he said to her with tears of pain in his eyes and Joy in his heart, ‘One life ends and another begins’ “
When I was faithless, my God was still faithful, He didn’t depend on my faith in order to take care of me.  I just wanted to thank you, Randa, for allowing God to use you on November 27th, it is my favorite day. I met my baby girl, but I also got to see God show up and show off through you, Dr. Burton, and Dr. Diles.  I appreciate your love and care that day more than you will ever know.  You didn’t know my sad heart that morning, but God used you to spread His joy into my life again.  







No comments: