Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Letter 2007

2007 has been full of miracles. I have never sent out a Christmas letter before, so instead of starting now I thought I would just post one on our blog.

The miracles began in April when Carter came into this world as a very healthy and loving baby boy. He has been a wonderfully easy baby. I like to think that God understands how much I am juggling and blessed us with Carter’s laid back and sleepy personality. I have been able to keep my job at UALR as an instructor in the Health Sciences Department, only going into the office two days a week. I take Carter to a church childcare center on those two days. We have had an excellent experience there and are very thankful for the wonderful ladies who care for him during that time.

In September, I took my Qualifying Exams for my doc program and because of our Gracious Lord was able to pass. I had been begging God to help me pass these tests ever since I entered the program. All credit is due to Him.

Also in the fall, Stephen was informed about a promotion that would be occurring that would move us to LA or Kansas City. Obviously, neither of us want to move away from the central Arkansas area. My parents are also in NLR and Stephen’s Dad and brother are only 45 minutes away in Searcy. As we were becoming anxious about this situation, Stephen learned of an opening at Foremost Insurance. This position would be working out of our house and include day travel across Arkansas. In November we learned that Stephen had received this position! It is a sister company to Farmer’s and this position is considered a promotion. The best I understand it is that he will be a insurance rep to independent insurance agents as a pharmaceutical drug rep is to doctors. So he will be encouraging agents to sell foremost insurance. Foremost is specialty insurance for RV’s, four wheelers, mobile homes, boats, etc. He will begin training in January and be in Grand Rapids, MI for six weeks. He will be gone 2 weeks, home a week, gone 2 weeks, home a week, and gone another 2 weeks. It will be interesting to see how we all do during that time, but we are thankful that this job (after training) will include only a few over night trips a month! Stephen and I both working out of the home will be interesting as well!

The Lord has been very evident within our lives this year. However, amidst our times of good fortune we see the pain and hardship of this world and little by little come to understand that this world is not our home… we do not belong here, we do not “fit” here, we long for the day that ALL of us will be home with our Heavenly Father.

We hope all is well with each of you and that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Since i have not updated in over a month. Below, I made several posts ... covering the last month. Can you tell I am now on Christmas Break?! : )

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Brittany, he has grown so much, and is soooo adorable! I'm glad things are going well for y'all!!
Sara Jo

Anonymous said...

Yea for Steven's job! How awesome! I did commercial insurance before I went into teaching. Bet ya didn't know that huh? Yes, I even had my agent's license. Isn't that funny? I hope he enjoys his new job and everything goes smoothly for him. That's awesome that he'll be working out of the house too. At least he'll be able to help you with Carter during the day. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Love you, Shauri