Ever since Carter was tiny, he has been very easy to comfort. He hardly ever cries and when he does it is just a whine telling us that he is hungry, poppy, sleepy… He puts himself to sleep…I lay him in his crib when he is sleepy and he lays there until he drifts off to sleep. Also, for the last few months, does not wake us up in the middle of the night. He has never had an ear infection or any fever for that matter, only a little green snot : )
So the past few days I am calling my official initiation into motherhood. On Wednesday, Carter slept almost all day, I figured he was probably fighting off something and as usual it would be nothing. When he woke up he was warm and had 101.3 temp under his arm. Got medicine and it went down. I was surprised it was so high. At 3 am he had 102.3. Poor Baby!! So I took him in the next day to the ped. Said it is a virus and will run its course. It is so sad when they feel so bad!
The beginning of the official initiation… Rocking Carter last night, he throws up on me.
So he slept with me and I wake up this a.m. to poop all in the bed. I decide to give him a bath and he poops in the bath. This afternoon for some reason I am changing a wet diaper in the living room and go to get a wipe from his room, gone maybe 20 seconds. I am thinking I hope him does not pee…he use to always tt with his diaper off. Come back and see tt, on wait, that is not tt, that is POOP… on my lr carpet!! And to end it, tonight I had to fight with him to get him to sleep for about 30 minutes.
Now I can relate to a few typical “mommy” things and I thought it was funny they happened within the same 48 hours. I cant imagine having more than one.
8 comments:
Welcome! I'm glad you came through the initiation process well! Ha! You poor thing! That is NEVER fun!! I hope baby Carter is feeling better. If you ever need any stories to make you feel like you're not alone in this motherhood thing, just call me. I have dozens of initiation stories! Ha! Love you girl! Shauri
I hope Carter is feeling better! I miss you guys! It seems like we haven't seen you all in forever! Are you coming to the Killeen's tonight? I hope you had a Merry Christmas! Love ya!
Poor, Britney! I have been thrown up on more times than I could begin to count, but I hate it every single time! I am so sorry your sweet baby has been sick.
That is hilarious! I'm sure it didn't seem like it at the time, though! Be glad you wrote it down. One day you will look back and laugh!
What a couple of days!! Carter is so precious! Looks like you're doing well. I found your blog off of Lindsey's and it's fun to catch up! You're more than welcome to view my blog at www.xanga.com/rnsmith0906
Hope you have a great 2008!
That story was hilarious just because I can totally relate! It's always funnier though when it happens to other people! I added your link to my blog. I hope Carter is feeling better.
funny!!!! I figured it had to be about time.
Yep. More than 1. That's a good one.
Post a Comment